You’ll see that your dermal roller has 2 ends - a big end and a little end, and a handle in the middle.
Use the big end for larger areas of your face and the little end for more delicate or hard to reach areas.
There are actually 2 ways to use your dermal roller, and I like to do them both, one after the other.
Whichever method you’re using, the important things to remember are:
- Hold your roller gently - all you need is a feather touch. You’re not ironing out wrinkles!
- Always roll in one direction, not back and forth.
- Start with clean skin.
- You can use your roller just after applying your favourite serum or moisturiser to help it penetrate, or you could also just use it on dry skin - it’s up to you :)
- Roll over each area 3 or so times before moving to the next area.
- To make your roller experience next-level, try putting it in the fridge or freezer for 10-20 minutes before using it. It feels incredible and the cool stone will be especially good and helping with puffy eyes.
Method #1 - Detox
First you want to use your dermal roller to detoxify your skin and promote lymph drainage. This method is very calming and can help with inflammation too.
The direction that you’re rolling is quite important for this step - you’ll be rolling horizontally on your face, and then downwards from your ear to your collarbone.
- Starting on one side of your face, roll from the center of your chin to your ear 3 times
- Roll from your ear down your neck to your collarbone
- Work your way up your face, moving next to your cheeks, always rolling horizontally from the center out to your ears/hairline, and then down to your collarbone again.
- Don’t forget to switch to the small end for your eye area.
- Finish on your forehead, rolling horizontally out to your hairline and then down to your collarbone.
- Repeat on the other side of your face.
Method #2 - Invigorate
This method is a bit more vigorous and it will promote blood flow and give you lovely renewal, plumping and glow. The good news is that there’s not as much thinking required for this method either ;)
- With a *slightly* heavier touch than Method #1, start at the base of your neck and roll up to your chin, repeating 3 times before moving to the next section of your neck.
- Then, starting at your chin, work your way up your face in upward rolling motions.
- Close your eyes and enjoy the moment!
How often should I be using my roller?
If you fall in love with your new roller ritual you can use your roller every day, in the morning and evening.
If that sounds like a bit too much work for you, go with 3 times a week (and to mix things up a bit don’t forget our tip about putting your dermal roller in the freezer - it’s soooooooo gooooooooood!) :)
To clean : Don't immerse your roller or use detergents, just wipe down with a slightly damp cloth.