A clay mask is one of the best ways to detox your skin, recover from breakouts, and get rid of blackheads. I like to apply my mask once or twice per week, or even up to 3 times per week when I have a breakout.
We have just added a dry clay mask into our range of Australian-themed skin care products (the Pig-In-Mud Mineral Mask) – over 1500 people trialled it for us and we have had amazing feedback (our favourite so far was “this is magical!”).
[Slightly embarrassing!] Here’s my video of how to use the dry clay mask
In this video I show you how to use the Happy Skincare dry clay mask, but you can use these instructions to use pretty much any dry mask. I recorded this video was made before we introduced the Pig-In-Mud Mineral Mask to our range, just after Aaron had blended it up for the first time.
- Cleanse first
- Put 1 teaspoon of dry clay mask into the palm of your hand (if you’re using our free sample then this is the whole sample – you can choose just to use half if you like)
- Add a tiny bit of water at a time and mix with your finger until you get the consistency you like. As a guide use the same amount of water as you used of the mask. Pro tip: Use a teaspoon to measure both the mask and water.
- Spread it over your face, rubbing gently so it exfoliates too
- Leave it on for 5 to 10 minutes or until it dries
- Run quite warm water over your wash cloth and then hold the cloth to your face for a few seconds (this feels really nice)
- Wipe your mask off with the cloth
- Moisturise well with a natural, non-clogging product (the mask can leave you with a dry and slight tightening feeling which is totally normal)
- Stand back and admire your clearer skin
Want to try the mask for yourself?
Sign up here to get a no obligation, completely free sample of the dry clay mask (only available for Australian residents). Please note that free samples are limited, so get in early to avoid missing out (there’s a limit of 1 per househould). We need to receive your details by December 31 2012.
Update: We’re officially out of stock – there are no more free samples
Thanks to the thousands of people who have signed up to our free sample! We don’t have any more free samples to send out but since we don’t like to disappoint we have made the sample available for Aussie residents from our online store.
(there’s a “but”)
We have to charge you $3.30 for the sample because it’s way too expensive for us to keep sending them out for free. Click here for your dry clay mask sample. Honestly, it’s still a ridiculously good offer.
If the $3.30 sample doesn’t iterest you, click here to sign up to our free fortnightly newsletter (you’ll hear about future offers this way).