I beg your pardon? Did you say “Kon Yak” sponge? Or was it “Cognac” sponge? Ah… I see… it’s Konjac sponge!
No we’re not talking about swindling yaks. And we’re not talking about brandy flavoured beverages for the bath, although sipping a Brandy Alexander in a hot tub does sound nice (Brandy Alexanders were a cool cocktail from the 80’s).
Konjac Sponges are little squishy balls of goodness that are made from a potato-like Asian superfood that has been around for a lazy 1500 years.
The Konjac plant is native to Indonesia but sprang to fame in Japan as a food, and then as a beauty weapon when someone very clever worked out that you can use a Konjac sponge to clean your body.
The Konjac plant contains sodium, potassium, magnesium, iron, phosphorus, copper, zinc, vitamin A, vitamin E, vitamin D, vitamin B1, vitamin B2, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, vitamin C, pantothenate, niacin, fatty acids, folic acid and a total of 16 amino acids.
Like we said – these sponges are squishy balls of goodness!!
We’ve been using Konjac sponges for over 2 years now, and they’re still hands-down our absolute favourite type of sponge or cloth for cleaning your face.
Splish Splash Take Bath (with Your Konjac)
At your first sight of a Konjac sponge you will probably gasp “what the heck is that?” It looks a bit alien and something that’s weird to touch.
But curiosity will win and you will reach out with one finger, your head half turned in anticipation that it will turn into a frog and slime all over you.
But when your finger touches it you are not only relieved but amazed at how springy and soft it actually feels and the best part is yet come. The first cleanse!
Konjac sponges are silky soft as they glide over your skin. It feels like complete and utter luxury.
Natures perfect sponge – Why are Konjac sponges so darn good?
The Konjac sponges are pH balanced, soft and gentle – yet they are a great exfoliating alternative to abrasive scrubs. They can be used every day (twice a day even) without the fear of over-scrubbing for any skin type.
The beauty of the sponge is its simplicity. It revitalises your skin and will transform your skincare routine! (We should also mention it’s a wonderful way wash away your Cloud 9 Deep Cleansing Balm or 3 Cheers Cleansing Oil).
The things that really made us fall in love with Konjac sponges and bring them into our range are that they are easy and quick to use, 100% natural plant fibre, sustainable, biodegradable, stimulate circulation, cruelty free, deep cleansing, gentle and affordable. What more could you ask for?
Our bathroom always has a Konjac sponge (or 2 or 3) handy.
The hardest is thing is deciding which one
There are 4 different types so to make things a little easier here is a quick run down
- Bamboo Charcoal for acne-prone, oily and problematic skin – with activated carbon & various minerals it’ll help you fight acne-causing bacteria and revitalise your complexion.
- French Red Clay for dry, sensitive and mature skin – loaded with Iron Oxide it cleanses deeply and speeds up skin regeneration. We have even heard glowing reports that the French Red Clay sponge helps with the rosacea condition.
- French Green Clay for oily/combination skin – Green clay has an incredible power of absorption, is rich in minerals and fine essential oils which exfoliates, cleanses, smoothes and softens the skin, restoring vitality and glow whilst drawing oil, grease from the skin.
- Pure for every one and the ultra-sensitive – No matter who you are, this sponge will very gently cleanse and remove grime and dead skin cells.
Each sponge lasts 2 to 3 months and once you’re done with it you can just pop it into the compost bin!
Don’t think too much over the choices as none of them will let you down. Phoebe’s favourite sponge is the French Red Clay, even though she has combination skin. Whichever way you go, you can’t go wrong.
Which brings us to a very special offer…. Free Konjac Sponge with orders over $50
With all this talk of how amazing Konjac sponges are, we started feeling generous, so we’ve decided to give away a French Red Clay KUU Konjac Sponge with every order over $50! (terms and conditions apply, please read below).
So come on over and do some Woohoo Skincare shopping and experience the squishy goodness all for yourself
Special Offer Terms and Conditions
- Your free KUU Konjac Sponge (French Red Caly) is valued at $11.55 AUD
- We can substitute for other sponge varieties if you email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (02) 4957 5774 within 2 hours of placing your order (subject to availability)
- The $50 order total excludes shipping
- Available for orders placed between Sunday 21 August 2016 and midnight Sunday 4 September 2016, while stocks last