“I got my first tube today, Sir”.
Ever since watching the movie Point Break (for those not in the know – a die-hard 90’s surfing flick), Aaron has been dying to use that line from Johnny Utah.
Even though we’re talking about plastic tubes and not surfing, it’s still a dream come true.
3 happy products are now tubed
We’ve been working on this for a while and we are proud to finally have these beautiful tubes ready for you. We decided to go with tubes for our cream-style products because they have so many benefits over other packaging styles.
Plus, our tubes are not the same as most. They’re a bit special!
The Over the Moon Rich Repair Cream, Perfectly Happy Light Anti-Oxidant cream and (very soon) the Happily Ever After Vitamin C Eye Serum will now be packaged in tubes. There are still a couple of eye serums in airless pumps in stock at our warehouse, so don’t be surprised if you see them still for a little bit.
Here are just some of the reasons we’re loving tubes…
- They’re BPA free
- They’re 100% recyclable
- They don’t smash (unlike glass bottles – so less additional plastic bubble wrap is needed for shipping, and safer in the bathroom)
- The tubes contain an enzyme that helps to break them down if they do end up in landfill*
- They’re light so less energy is required to ship them = more eco friendly
- They’re perfect for your handbag and travel
- Your fingers aren’t dipping into a pot of cream, which keeps your product effectively preserved for longer
- They speed up the manufacturing process (no more late nights up labelling, hooray!)
- They’re less expensive than glass bottles and airless pumps
- You can get every last little bit of precious skin happiness out, so there’s not a drop of wastage
- They look pretty darn good if we don’t say so ourselves
* These sexy tubes are biodegradable, but it still takes about 100 years. We know 100 years still sounds like a long time, but it’s a massive improvement on never
Talk about good timing
With the Australian Dollar falling, ingredients have become more expensive and some quite considerably (one in particular has more than doubled!). We were absorbing many of the costs but it was getting to the point where we were going to have to look at increasing prices a little.
BUT … tubes have given us the savings we needed to prevent us from raising any prices. Phew!
Free Gift – have you got your rich repair cream yet?
Last week we announced our brand new Over the Moon Rich Repair Cream, and to celebrate its much anticipated arrival, it’s yours as a free gift with orders over $60 (valued at $30.80, conditions apply).
So for the last week, the cow has been busy jumping over the moon, and the little dog has been having way too much fun. He’s been giving away free gifts left right and centre.
To keep the fun rolling and score your Over the Moon Rich Repair Cream, pop on over here and get your order in before the dish and spoon run away with them all!
For our regular delivery customers, we’ll be including your bonus rich repair cream with your next delivery.